Narahari: Temples Dedicated To Narasimha
Related Resources : Narahari
srimadbhagavatam.com/7/8/en1 : Bhagavata Purana - Lord Narasimha slays Hiranyakashipu
stephen-knapp.com/prayers_to_lord_narasi : Prayers to Narasimhadeva
niranarsingpur.in : Niranarsingpur.in
narasimha.avatara.org : Narasimha Avatar
blog.adzoomin.com/2007/12/sri-nrisimha-k : Sri Nrisimha Kavacha
nrsimhadeva.com : Nrsimhadeva.com
shaligram.com/Sacred_Adwaitya_Narsimha_S : Lord Narsimha Shaligram
Temples Dedicated To Narasimha
Temples indicated with are Places of Piligrimage.
In Andhra Pradesh
Ahobilam or Ahobalam is a major center of pilgrimage in South India, located in the Nandyal Taluka of Kurnool district in Andhra Pradesh, India. According to local legend, this is where Lord Narasimha blessed Prahlada and killed the demon Hiranyakashipa. It is an important place of worship for Vaishnavas and is one of the 108 Divya Desams.
Penna Ahobilam Lakshmi Narasimha temple
- Yoga Narasimha Swamy, in Dharmapuri, Karimnagar District, Andhra Pradesh. It is said that at Dharmapuri, Narasimha Deva meditated in Yogamudra, after his Ugrarupa.
- Kotla-Narasimhulapalle, Karimnagar, Andhra Pradesh
Kadiri Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy temple in Kadiri, Anantapur Dist, Andhra Pradesh.
- Shri Yogananda Narasimha Swamy, Vedadri, near Vijayawada
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Temple, Nacharamgutta, Medak district, Andhra Pradesh.
- Shri Panakala Narasimha Swamy, Mangalagiri, near Vijayawada
- Shri Shobhanaachala Vyaghra Narasimha Swamy, Aagiripalli, near Vijayawada
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy, Antarvedi, Sakhinetipalle, West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh
- Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy, Peruru Village, Amalapuram, East Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy, Yadagiri Gutta, near Bhongir, Nalgonda District, Andhra Pradesh. See Yadagirigutta Temple
- Shri Matsyagiri Laxmi Narasihma Swamy Devalayam, Vemula Konda, Valiginda mandal, Nalgonda district, Andhra Pradesh. The temple of Lakshmi Narasihma swamy is on the rock hill konda in Mastya avataram.
- Shri Varaha Narasimha Swamy, is the combination of Varaha avatar and Narasimha avatar. When Prahlada was thrown into the sea, Shri Varaha Narasimha swamy protected prahlada and raised a mountain. This mountain is the Simhachalam Simhachalam, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- Yoga Narasimha temple also known as Dakshina Simhachalam Singarayakonda, Ongole, Andhra Pradesh
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy, Mallooru, Warangal District ~70KM from Bhadrachalam, Andhra Pradesh.
- Sri Yogananda Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy, Mattapalli at the confluence of Krishna and Musi rivers, about 15 km from Huzurnagar taluq, Nalgonda District, Andhra Pradesh Bus available from Miryalaguda/Kodada.
Vadapally, Near Miryalaguda, Nalgonda District, Andhra Pradesh
- Shri Lord Lakshmi-Narasimha Swamy temple, Korukonda, near Rajahmundry, East Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh.
- Shri Malayadri Lakshmi Narasimha temple, Malakonda, near Kundakur, Prakasam district, Andhra Pradesh.
- Shri Prasanna Narasimha Swamy temple, Singarakonda, Prakasham district, Andhra Pradesh
- Shri Narasimha Swamy Temple, Khammam, Khammam District, Andhra Pradesh.
- Shri Penusila Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy, Penchalakona, Nellore district, Andhra Pradesh
- Shri Limbadri Narasimha Swamy, Bheemgal taluk, Nizamabad district, Andhra Pradesh
- Cheeryala Sree Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Devastanam, Cheeryala, Keesara Mandal, Rangareddy district, Andhra Pradesh
- Phani Giri gutta, Near Kottapet, Hyderabad, RangaReddy District, Andhra Pradesh
- Vedagiri Sree Lakshmi Narasimhaswamy, Narasimha Konda, Near Nellore, Nellore district, Andhra Pradesh.
- Sri Jwala Narasimha Temple, Parvathapuram, Feerjadiguda, Uppal, HYD
- Shri Narasimha Swamy Temple, Sigotamsingapatnam, Kollapur, Mahabubnagar district, Andhra Pradesh.
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Temple, Road No.12 Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple of Penchala Kona, Nelloredt, Andhra Pradesh
- Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple garlavoddu, enkoor mandal, Khammam district, A.P
- Guttameeda Narasimha swamy Temple Inugurti village, K Samudram Mandalam, Khammam District A.P
- Tarigonda Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple, Tarigonda, Gurramkonda mandal, Chittoor Dist. A.P
- Narasimha Swamy Temple Kalwa Village, Adilabad Dist . A.P.
- Shri Guru Narasimha Swamy Devasthana at Saligrama, Udupi district, Karnataka. Narasimha Idol here is in Yogananda Narasimha posture and is from the 8th century as per historians.
- Balele Lakshmi Narasimha Temple, Narasimha Gudda, Rajarajeshwari Nagar, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple at Roopena Agrahara, Hosur Main Road, Bangalore, Karnataka. This is the only temple in India which has "Narasimha Meru" belonging to ancient period. "Narasimha Meru" is a hill shaped chakra made specifically for Narasimha Swamy. Pradakshana to this Chakra and Narasimha Swamy will clear kuja dosha.
- Sri Yoga Narasimha, on a hilltop fortress at Melkote, Nagamangala, Mysore District, Karnataka. In Kannada, the term means, top mele fort kote. The fort, situated on a near-vertical hill is a strategic area, overlooking the plains. Melkote is also the site of the famous Cheluvanarayana Temple and the annual Vairamudi festival, where the deity is adorned with a crown of dazzling uncut
- Shri Narasimha Swami Zarni Cave Temple, Bidar District, Karnataka - It is said that Lord Narasimha after killing Hiranyakashpu, proceeded to kill a demon named Jalasura. Jalasura was a staunch devotee of Lord Shiva. After he was killed by Lord Narasimha, Jalasura turns into water starts flowing from Lord's feet. And to this day water keeps flowing from lord’s feet and fills the cave.
- Shri Yoga Mudre Lakshmi Narasimha Swami, Mudugere, near Hassan, Karnataka
- Shri LakshmiNarasimha, Marehalli, Malavalli taluk Mandya district Karnataka.
- Shri Shodasha Bahu Narasimha Swamy, Karpara Kshetra, Koppara village, Raichur District, Karnataka.Koppar Sri Narasimha DevaruAlso known as Vruksharoopi Narasimha Swamy Temple located in Raichur District, Devadurga Taluk, this SriKshetra is about 6 km from Devadurga.
- Sri Yoganarasimha Devalaya, Mysore, Karnataka.
- Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy, Malleswaram, Bangalore
- Sri Narasimha Swamy Temple, Hatyal, C N Halli, Tumkur, Karnataka
- Shri Ugra Narasimha Swamy Devasthana at Maddur, Karnataka
- Shri Kambada Narasimha Swamy Devasthana at Sugganahalli, near Kudur, Tumkur district, Karnataka
- Shri Kambada Narasimha Swamy Devasthana at Sondalagere, Kunigal taluq, Tumkur district, Karnataka
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Devasthana at Srirangapatna, Mandya district, Karnataka this temple is situated near Sri RanganathaSwamy Temple, SriRangapatana Town, Mysore.
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Devasthana at Kammasandra, Nelamangala Taluk, Bangalore Rural District, Karnataka
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Devasthana at Balepet,Balepet Circle, Near upparpet Police Station, Bangalore.
- Lakshmi Narasimha Temple, Bhadravathi, Karnataka,built by Hoysalaslocated in old town area of Bhadravati.
- Sheebi Narasimha Swamy Temple, Sheebi, Tumkur Dist, Karnataka.
- Yoga Narasimha Swamy, Boga Narasimha Swamy temple, Devarayanadurga, Karanataka
- Shri Ugra Narasimha, Shri Vijayendra Tirtha Prathistapitha, Moolky, Karnataka
- Sree Lakshminarasimha swamy temple, Doddadalavatta, Madhugi taluq, Tumkur district, Karnataka
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple, Holenarsipura, Hassan district, Karnataka
- Savandurga Narasimha Swamy Temple, Savana Durga, Magadi taluk, Ramanagar District
Holay Narasipura, Hassan district, Karnataka.
- Hatyaalu Betta, Tiptur Taluk, Tumkur District, Karnataka
- Sri Yoga Narasimha Swamy Devasthana at Gorur, Hassan District, Karnataka
- Lakshminarasimhaswamy Temple at Nagamangala, Hassan District.
- Gunja Narasimhaswamy Temple at T. Narasipura, Chamarajanagar District.
- Sri Narasimhaswamy Temple at Jekkenahalli, Tumkur District.
- Sri Lakshminarasimhaswamy Temple at B. R. Koppulu, Srirangapattana.
- Thoravi Narasimhaswamy Temple at Bijapur.
- Sri. Narasimhaswamy Temple, Sri Keshtra Shurpali on the banks of river Krishna Tq. Jamkhandi Dist :Bagalkot
- Narasimha Temples run by GSB community in Karnataka are located at Mulki Sri Ugra Narasimha of S.V. Temple, Mogarnad Panemangalore and Kambada Narasimha at Nagar Shimoga District
- Kambada Narasimha Swamy Temple at Alisandra, Nagamangala, Mandya District. Behind Nagathihalli on Bangalore - Mangalore road close to bellur cross
- Sri Gunjam Narasimha Swamy, Baburayana Koppalu, Srirangapatna,Mysore.
- Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Temple, On O.P.H Road, Shivajinagara, Bangalore, behind Bowring Hospital.
- Sri YogaNarasimha Devaru Temple, Angaara Narasimha Narasimha Teertha, Sree Padaraja Mutt at Mulbagilu Kolar District.
- Sri Nadi Narasimha Temple,on the banks of Kanva river, Dodda Mallur, Channapatna, this place is about 2 km from the famous Aprameya Swamy Temple on the way to Bangalore-Mysore Highway.
- Sri YogaNarasimha Swamy Temple, with Narasimha Dandam, at KereThonnur/Thondanur, built on small hillock situated at Srirangapatna Taluk, Mandya District, this place is about 8 km from Pandvapura, and 20 km from Melekote, on Melekote-Srirangapatna Highway.
- Sri LakshmiNarasimha Temple, No.224, 7th Cross, Teachers Colony, Kaderenahalli, Banashankari 2nd Stage, Bangalore - 560070.
- Sri.LakshmiNarasimha Swamy Temple, Bhuvaneshwari Nagar, Near Jayanthi Tiles Factory, R. T. Nagar Post, Bangalore - 560032.
- Sri.LakshmiNarasimha Swamy Temple Sudarshana Narasimha Ahoabilla Mutt, on 3rd Main Road, Prakashnagar, Bangalore - 21. next to Mudhaliar Choultry
- Sri Kambada Narasimha Swamy Temple,also known as Ranganatha Swami templein Tattekere Village, Solur Hobli, this place is also called as Dhurvasamuni Kshetra, about 4 km from Solur Bus stand on the way to Kunigal.
- Sri LakshmiNarasimha Swamy Temple, Sripathihalli, Kalya post, Magadi Tlq, Ramanagar District
- Sri Champakarnya LakshmiNarasimhaSwamy, Champakaranya Beta a small hillock just behind the famous Champakadhamaswamy Temple, Temple Road, Bannerghatha Village, Bangalore.
In Maharashtra And Goa
- Shree Narsimha Temple- Madgi,Center in Wainganaga River, Tah. Tumsar, Dist. Bhandara, 441913 Maharashtra.Religious Fair every year at the end of month December.
- Shri Laxmi Narsimha Temple in Ranjani, Tal Ambegaon, near Manchar, District Pune-410504, Maharashtra.
- Sri Jwala Narasimha Temple in Kole Narasimhapur, Walva, Sangli District, Maharashtra.
- Shri Ugra Narasimha Temple, Holi, Nanded, Maharashtra
- Sri Laxmi Narasimha Temple, 1420 Sadashiv Peth, Pune, Maharashtra.
- Shri Laxmi Narsimha Temple in Ranjani, Tal Ambegaon, near Manchar, District Pune, Maharashtra.
Tathavade, Near Chinchwad, Pune district, Maharashtra
Nira Narsingpur, Indapur taluq, Pune district, Maharashtra
- Shri Laxmi Narsimha Temple in Veling Mhardol, Tal Ponda, Goa
- Pokharni, Parbhani district, Maharashtra.
- Sangawade, Taluka Karveer, District Kolhapur, Maharashtra uniqueness here is that, Goddess Laxmi is sitting on right lap of the deity whereas else where she is on the other side
- Shree Lakshmi Narsimha Temple, Dhom, Tal. Wai, District Satara, Maharashtra
- At Post - Nittur, Taluka - Chandgad, Dist- Kolhapur around 40 km inside maharashtra from Belgaum. It is said that this temple was built by Pandvas when they were in exile. This is ancient temple in a big rock, it is engraved in a big solid rock.
- Sri Laxmi Narsimha Mandir, Partur, Dist Jalna, Maharashtra.
- Shri Laxmi Narsimha Mandir,Mandavgan,dist ahmednagar
- Shri Laxmi Narsimha Madir, Mayani tal khatav Dist Satara old peth mayani,behind the postoffice,Dashputre wada
- Sri Malola Narasimha Swamy peetam velachery chennai 600042
- Sri Azhagaiya Nrsinga Perumal Temple, at Ennayiram, Ponducherry area, 123 km outskirt by the Cholan dynasty.
- Ramapuram Narasimhar, also known as Sri Lakshmi Narasimhar, at Ramapuram, Chennai.
- Sri Lakshmi Narashimha Swamy Kovil, Nangavalli Near Mettur Salem district, Tamil Nadu.
- Sri Azhagiya Singar at Parthasarathy Kovil in Tiruvellikeni, Chennai.
- Shri Narasimha temple, Parikkal, Tamil Nadu
- Shri Yoga Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy temple, Ghatikachala, Sholinghur, Tamil Nadu.
- Sri Yoga Narasimha Kovil at Chintalavadi, Tamil Nadu
- Sri Kaattu Azhagiya Singar, Srirangam, Tiruchirapalli
- Shri Lakshmi Narashimar Temple, Ukkadam, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- Shri Ukkara Narshimar Temple, Namakkal, Tamil Nadu
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimhar Thirukoil, Pollachi, Tamil Nadu
- Shri Yoga Narashmar Temple, Aanaimalai, Othakkadai, Madurai, Tamil Nadu
- Shri Ugra Narasimhar Temple, Singaperumalkoil, near Chengalpattu
- Ugra Narasimhar at Shri Prasanna Venkatachapathy Temple, Keelapavoor, near Tenkasi also known as South Ahobhilam
- Shri Yoga Narasimha Swamy Temple at Velachery, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swami Temple, Lakshmi Narasimhar with four hands, in Santha roopa with His consortLakshmi on His right lap usually He will have His consortLakshmi on His left lap., vellore District.
- Padalathri Narasimha Swamy, Singa Perumal Koil, near Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Nava Narasimhar Temple, Avaniyapuram, Tamil Nadu
- Shri Yoga Narasimha Swamy Temple, Keelavasal, near thanjore palace, Thanjavur.
- Shri Yoga Narasimha Swamy Temple, Vallam, Thanjavur Dist.
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple, injeemedu, near Vandavasi, Tamil Nadu.
- Shri Amirthavailli Nayaga Samadha Shri Yoga Nanda Narashima Swamy Temple Sogathur 6 km from Vandavasi, Tiruvannamail DT. and 46 km from Kancheepuram
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimhar Temple, Polur, near Thiruvannamalai
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimhar Temple, PV Kalathur, near Chengalpet
- Shri Yoga Narasimhar Temple, Kanchipuram - Tiruvelukkai one of the 108 divya desams
- Shri Bhargavi Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple, Narasapuram Sandar Setty Palli, Hosur Taluk, Krishnagiri District
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple, Krishnagiri, Krishnagiri District. 1500 years old temple
- Sri Lakshmi Narasimhar temple, Ammapettai, Thanjavur Moolavar - wooden daity is carved in Vellerukku 20 km east of Thanjavur, towards Nagapatnam
- Sri Veera Narasimhar Thiru Thanjai Yali temple Palli Agraharam, Thanjavur = One of the 108 Diya sthalams
- Sri Yoga Narasimhar, East Gate, Thanjavur
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimhaswamy,Poovarasamkuppam,Villupuram
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimhaswamy temple, Singirikoil, Cuddalore.
Sri Padmanabhaswamy temple: Lord Narasimha Murthy is one of the main deities in the temple.
- Chathankulangara temple in Chengannur, Alappuzha District, Kerala
- Sree Narasimha Swamy temple,Yeroor, kollam, kerala
- Sri Narasimhaswami Temple, Aymanam, Kottayam, Kerala
- Anayadi Pazhayidam Sri Narasimha Swami Temple, Sooranad, Kollam, Kerala
Sri Edappurathu Lakshmi Narasimha Moorthi Temple, Puthuruthy, Kerala
- Kulasserry Temple Thrissur, Kerala
- Sri Narasimhaswami Temple, Kadungalloor, Aluva
- Sri Narasimha Parthasarathy Temple, Thiruvangore, Kozhikode
- West Pattissery Sree VISHNU Temple CHALISSERY PALAKKAD
- Narasimha Temples run by GSB community in Kerala are located at Manjeshwar, Ullal, Thalassery, Thuravoor and Alappuzha
- Srinivasa Kovil, thekkumbhagom, Tripunithura - Here the god is Ugranarasimha. Ernakulam District
- Sri Narasimha Swamy Temple, Kadungalloor, Alwaye, 683 108, Kerala,
- Pandavath Sri Narasimha Swamy Temple, Aymanam, Near Kottayam Town, Kerala.
- Nechiyil Sree Narasimha kshetram, Rg:No 203/93, Cherapadum,po k.v.kavu, malappuram, kerala,673637
- Sri Narasimhaswamy Mahakshetram, Thuravur, Cherthala, Alappuzha
- Sri Narasimha Swamy Temple, Peruva, Kottayam District, Keralam
- Muriyamangalam Narasimha swamy Temple,Mamala,Thrivankulam,Ernakulam Dist near Chottanikkara Devi temple Kerala.
- Sri Ramamangalam Bala Narasimha Temple,Muvattupuzha to piravom route via pampakkuda. 15 km, Ernakulam, Kerala. Sree Shadkala Govinda Marar sung here. Both the highest koddi Maram of Kerala for Narasimha and shortest Koddi Maram for Ovu Pranala Thangi Unni Bhootham is here in this Temple.30 km from Ernakulam Railway
- Shri Narsinghji temple, Amer, Rajasthan
- Shri Narsinghji Temple at Gudha, Rajasthan
- Shri Narsinghji Temple at Garhi, Hindon-Karoli Road, Karoli, Rajasthan
- Shri Narsingh Mandir, Hasampur, Between Kotputli and neem ka thana, Rajasthan
- Narsinghji Ka Mandir, Holidada, Ajmer, Rajasthan
- Narsinghji Ka Mandir, Lokhotiyon Chowk, Bikaner, Rajasthan
- Narsingh Mandir, Daaga Chowk, Bikaner, Rajasthan
- Narsimha Mandir, Khandela, Sikar, Rajasthan
- Shri khakhee jee ki bagichi,Bidasar,Churu,Rajasthan
In Other Places
- Megdi, Garud Taluk Tehsil, Bageshwar District, Uttaranchal
- Narsinghji + Navgrahvatika + NrisinghKund, Goverdhan, Mathura District, Uttar Pradesh
- Narasimha mandir, Indore.
Mogri, Anand, Gujarat.
- Narsinghji temple, Ghadiyali Pole, Vadodara, Gujarat.
Narsinghpur, Madhya Pradesh
- Shri Marjaara Nrusimha Temple, in his mighty cat-lion form near Nrusinghanath, Baragarh district, Odisha
- Narasimha Temple, near Gundicha Temple, Puri, Odisha
- Nrusingha mandira, Nalabanta, Aska, Ganjam, Odisha
- Nrusingha mandira, Sunamba Street, Aska, Ganjam, Odisha
- Nrusingha mandira, Bada Bazar, Bramhapur, Odisha
- Sri Bhakti Lakshmi Narasimha Temple, London, United Kingdom
- Vara-Lakshmi Narasimha Temple, Warsaw, Poland
- Simhachalam ISKCON, Jandelsbrunn, Bavaria, Germany
Other Relevant or Related Items
- Category:Forms of Vishnu
- Category:Mythological human hybrids
- Category:Animal gods
- Category:Panthera hybrids
- Category:Hinduism and animals
- Category:Mythological felines
Some of the content on this page has been obtained from the Narahari
page on Wikipedia and used under the CC-BY-SA
. - Serving History pages are not affiliated with, or endorsed by, anyone associated
with the sources of this content