Saturday, Dec 21, 2013
World History Served Up Daily
Mira Bai: Biography
There are a number of popular beliefs asserting that Meera's brother-in-law Vikramaditya, who later became king of Chittor, after Bhojraj's death, tried to harm Meera :
- He mixed poison in the prasadam or charna-amritam of Krishna and made her drink it. But by God's grace, Krishna changed it to Amrit.
- He pinned iron nails in Meera's bed, but, again by God's grace they turned into rose petals. As she explains in one of her couplets 'शूल सेज राणा नै भेजी, दीज्यो मीरां सुलाय/सांझ भई मिरां सोवन लागी, मानों फूल बिछाय'
- He put a snake in a flower basket and told her that it was a gift from him to her Lord Krishna, but when she opened it she found a garland or an image of Krishna. This episode is referred to in her poems.
- Category:1498 births
- Category:1547 deaths
- Category:Female saints
- Category:Hindu devotees
- Category:Hindu saints
- Category:Hindi poets
- Category:Indian women religious leaders
- Category:People from Rajasthan
- Category:Sant Mat
- Category:Indian women poets
- Category:Devotees of Krishna
Some of the content on this page has been obtained from the Mira Bai
page on Wikipedia and used under the CC-BY-SA
. - Serving History pages are not affiliated with, or endorsed by, anyone associated with the sources of this content